Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016--Week 29

Hey everyone, hope everything is going well for all of you! 

Things are going pretty well here, we found a couple people last week, but only one of them is looking even remotely interested, so the finding continues. Elder Kim and I are both working on improving our contacting skill. If we are doing it for several hours a day, and most people are going to slam the door no matter what we say, then we might as well get better at practicing new things and at getting bold. We have made a decision that we will never walk away from a door, until they have closed it on us. By doing this, we guarantee to ourselves that we were bold enough. Yeah it's obnoxious to all those people, but to me if it means finding someone and watching them change their life, then I don't care how many people I annoyed. 

Elder Kim and I just starting working with a couple who are super nice. Sister Vanderlinden is a recent Jewish convert, and Luke is some religion from India, but I don't know the name. They are super awesome people and we have loved working with them. We are meeting with the today and we will see how it goes.

Yesterday I gave my third talk in the English ward here in 5 months and I gave my talk on the Book of Mormon and how it relates to the bible. I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that through it's reading and study, we can grow so much closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love the Book of Mormon. It truly is a miracle that we have it today to hold in our hands, to read and study the message in it. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Jacob Nickerl


P.S. Here is a photo of a few of the Korean kids in the branch. They all wanted to download Minecraft on my iPad... But yeah I love Korean kids. They are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment