Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016--Week 25

Hey everyone,

We have some big changes after this week. Transfers are going on today/tomorrow. Elder Koo is leaving and my new companion will be Elder Kim. Elder Kim came out at the same time as me, and he is in the English program learning English. His English is similar to my Korean, maybe a little better, so there may be some communication barriers at first, but it will be good for both of our language practice. He has been in my zone for the whole time I have been out, is an awesome guy, and I'm excited to be with him. I'm a little bummed to have Elder Koo leave, because we are just starting to really work together well. President did tell me this was just going to be a short temporary companionship with Elder Kim, because he needs to go back to the English program and because next transfer another native Korean is coming to NJ and President made it sound like I would be training him. Looks like I’ll be in the walking area for the rest of the winter. :/ I'm super excited though. 

Outside transfers, not much is happening, we found a few new solid investigators and are looking at some good progress for the area. To all of you who have been praying for me, I truly can feel it and I testify that I can not do it all on my own and I feel and am thankful for the prayers. I know that many times the Lord works in his own way to help build us as people, right as we begin to become comfortable, we are faced with a new challenge that helps build us as people. I'm thankful for change even though it can be hard, I know it builds us as people and helps us grow closer to God. I know this church is true! 

I love you all, if I can do anything for you, let me know. If not, have a great week! 
-Elder Nickerl

P.S.  Here is Elder Kim, my new companion, this is from exchanges a little bit ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment