Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016--Week 28

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the lack of weekly emails recently. I have been really busy on P-Days and haven't been able to send one. I'm hope you are all doing well.

Here in New Jersey things are pretty slow. Elder Kim and I have been focusing almost all of our effort on Korean and as such we have had a lot more contacting time. But we are confident there are people here who are ready. Also the members have begun to bring their friends to activities and we are really excited about that because through the members we will find a lot more success. We aren't really teaching anyone who is super progressing right now, but we are looking to be able to find them soon. I feel that my Korean language ability is not moving anywhere quickly. I can't really see rapid improvement or anything, but to be honest I haven't really had the time or mental energy to put a ton of effort into language study. The stresses from added responsibilities this transfer are beginning to set in and hopefully I can put more energy into Korean.

The only really exciting thing that happened this week was on Tuesday at district meeting President and Sister Taggart came randomly to my district meeting (not for my birthday) and so that put a lot of extra stress on the meeting (I would not have chosen to have that happen).

In studies this week I came across this quote from President Taylor, “Come, follow me, as I follow Christ.” This simple statement embodies so much of what we are striving to do here on this Earth. If we are not ourselves striving to follow Christ, we can in no way, invite others to do the same. The best way to teach or lead anyone is to show by example and invite them to do ghe same themselves. This church is true, because Jesus Christ is at the head. He is our example, and he is who we strive to follow. As we do so, we invite others to do the same. I'm so thankful for the example of our perfect older brother, Jesus Christ and for all that he taught, teaches, and will continue to teach.

I hope you all have a great week and that things are going well for you all!

-Elder Nickerl



No comments:

Post a Comment