Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016--Week 24

Hey everyone,

Well if anyone was wondering, we sure did get snow here. This week has been absolutely crazy. With too much happening to even talk about half of it, so I'll just mention the weekend. On Saturday, we woke up to about two feet of snow and a constant blizzard throughout the day. By the end of the storm, I think we had about 3 feet of snow. But yeah, Saturday we were told not to go out and proselyte unless we had good snow clothes and really wanted to. So we went out and helped all of our neighbors shovel their driveways. They all were a little weirded out because they were wondering why we were helping them when our own driveway was covered in snow. But after insisting that we wanted to help they were really friendly. We created a lot of good relationships and many of them offered us money or dinner or all sorts of things. That took most of the day and by the end of the day, everything was covered again with another two feet of snow. Sunday morning, we repeated the process because church was cancelled. And in the afternoon, we walked an hour and a half through snow to get to our investigator Monique’s house to shovel her driveway. Then she fed us dinner and we went home and went to bed. After two days of shoveling snow, I don't like snow anymore.

Anyways, I just want everyone to know how real the power of the priesthood is. This week, a lot of really crazy things happened. Things I didn't even know actually happened. But the power of God overcomes all. And truly, I can't say much more than to assure you after things I have seen this week that God is real. His power, is real. He loves us and nothing will or can overcome that. I know this and I promise this. I hope you all have a great week!

--Elder Nickerl

This was Saturday morning before half the snow fell!


This photo doesn't do it justice!  This pile is 8 feet tall!

I'm really glad that we don't have to shovel that!

No comments:

Post a Comment