Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 11, 2016--Week 23

Hey everyone,

This week we put Li on baptismal date! It's super far away, so we are looking to change the date, but it is for his birthday so he doesn’t want another day. We will be continuing to work to get it closer, but in the mean time, he is happy and moving forward. We resolved A LOT of his concerns this week regarding his membership if he gets baptized when he goes back to China. That really is the only update for this week. Nothing much else to report, but it's been a good week and it went by super fast. We have been really busy. 

This week, I'm thankful for the opportunity that we have to repent and start new. Because no matter how hard I try, I will never be perfect in this life. And I am very aware of that this week as we have had a few disastrous lessons that almost got Li and one of our other investigators to drop us because we did not prepare as well as we should have for the lessons. Fortunately, both are giving us second chances and we have the ability to try again. I know that in this life, we will mess up. It's just a simple fact. But that is part of the plan. Without mistakes, I know personally I would never learn. I'm not thankful for the mess ups, but I am thankful for the lessons we learn from them and for the forgiveness that we receive so that we can move on and become better.

I love you all, have a great week!
-Elder Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment