Monday, January 9, 2017

January 9, 2017--Week 74

Hey Everyone,

This week has been SO fast. I am super bummed that it is transfers already. Time is going by too fast and I am really sad to see Elder Merritt go. My new companion is Elder Lee and I know almost anything about him except that he's just coming out of training. I’m happy that I'm staying in Jersey City where there are people to talk to and a ward that is functioning. 

This week we ate. And ate. And ate. One night, we had 3 meal appointments from 2 Puerto Ricans, and then a Filipino after. It was seriously the worst night of my mission. I ate more food than should be allowed and prayed that I could have an extra stomach. I am pretty sure there was divine assistance. The first picture below was our first appointment. The food in the photo is half of what we ate. Naturally, when we finished that portion, the sister asked, “Do you want more?”  At that point we had plenty of room, so we ate more.  After that she asked, “Do you want cake?" NO!! But of course we had to eat it too. After the first appointment we weren't sure how we would make it through the next, but somehow, we got to the next appointment and the brother has these giant plates of spaghetti and shrimp with a huge plate of bread (see second photo). Then the dessert followed.... By this point I was struggling to keep the food down and we still had to walk 2.5 miles to our next appointment and do it in 20 minutes. We decided it would be a good idea if we called another companionship of elders to come and help us eat the food because the was no way we would be able to eat a Filipino meal by ourselves. The whole way there, we tried to make ourselves throw up, but  couldn't. When we got there, he had more food than he has ever cooked because it was Elder Merritt's last day so he wanted to do something special for him. Then of course dessert followed. That night, we just could not sleep or be comfortable sitting, laying, or standing. It was literally the worst day of my mission (not emotionally—but for my stomach!). I wanted to die.

Life is good.  Thank you for all your prayers!  I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!
-Elder Nickerl

P.S.  The last couple photos are:
Saturday we had a HUGE snow storm so we spent the day shoveling snow for all our neighbors.  

Sunday, we cooked one last Korean dinner together and ate it while we listened to the transfer call.









No comments:

Post a Comment