Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18 2016--Week 49

Hey everyone!

Another great week went by. This last week we had a lot of pretty cool experiences, but I don't remember the specific details before Sunday and I don't keep a journal so I have no way to really remember (maybe I should keep one, but I don't know when I would have time to write in it anyways). As for what happened on Sunday, church was great. We had a member’s daughter come up to us and tell us that she wasn't a member even though we probably thought she was (we knew she wasn't a member) and then she told us she wants to get baptized and wants us to come over and teach her the lessons... So that was cool. That hasn’t happened to me yet. And then we got a call also telling us about a new investigator moving into our area who works with our Elder's Quorum President as co-manager of Vivint in the area of Toms River. So that was pretty cool too. And then we had an eternigator come to us and tell us she is ready to be baptized as well... So that was cool too. Probably the best Sunday I have had in the Toms River area so far.

Outside that, this week we have been continuing to teach the less active and inactive members of the ward the missionary lessons. We are teaching about 10-15 of them weekly and are making good progress with them and the ward leadership. It is awesome. I love it here. Then I also set some personal goals this week that I have been working really hard to work towards. One of them is doing a self video role play every night after planning for about 15 minutes to help improve my teaching. I feel like a pretty bad teacher recently and so I have been working really hard to improve. So that has been fun, and I also am working to cut out negative thoughts/comments. I have seen noticeable differences from doing both and I am pretty excited to be here right now. I'm pretty bummed that next week is transfers, I like it here and there is a decent chance I will be going. But either way, whatever happens, it is up to God not me. But that doesn't stop me from praying to stay anyways. :) 

Anyways, I love you all, and hope you have a great week!

-Elder Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment