Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016--Week 31

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a great week! It was alright here, except for all of our investigators dropped us, so now we aren't teaching anyone. And both the people who were getting baptized are not, but other than that it's been awesome. We have a clean apartment as of today and this Thursday we get to go to the temple as a zone and so that should be really awesome. I am really excited about the temple even though we don't have much going on the rest of the week, but I know that any week with the temple can be a good one. Also after a pretty hard week, for the first time, I am glad it is P-Day and I can relax and rest and just not worry about anything else. 

Yesterday at church I think the funniest thing that has happened to me on my mission happened. Well at first it was funny and then it turned cool. So the other Korean elders had a baptism this week in the English ward, and so they couldn't go to the Korean Sacrament meeting and my companion Elder Kim was giving a talk. There was a lady from the stake who needed translation. President Song asked me to translate for her into English during the talks. That's when I laughed. I'm not sure why he thought I knew enough Korean to translate even a little bit for anyone, but I had to anyway. So after having a panic attack and assuring him that I was not able to do it, he ignored my comment and said, “Thanks I knew you would do it.” So I had to anyway... and the most amazing thing happened. To start you have to understand that I do not understand more than 25% of what is said in typical Sacrament meetings and even that is when I am trying really hard. But when I translated for her, I did not understand everything, but I think I probably understood about 70% and enough to tell her the point of each talk. I thought that it was an amazing miracle and blessing that God made that possible. I know miracles are real, because that was one. And it was super cool.

I am also thankful for the Savior Jesus Christ because without him, none of anything we do would be possible. Everything Jesus Christ did, was a miracle for those people that he affected (which happens to be every one of us). I am thankful for his never-ending love which allows us through trial and error, to learn, grow, and become better people, but still allows us the opportunity to live forever with our families in Heaven. I love this Gospel and the sweet peace and joy that it brings. I love sharing it with others and I know that this is the best choice I made in my life to come and serve the people here in New Jersey.

I hope you all have a great week!
-Elder Nickerl

We helped some awesome senior missionaries move.

This is what happens when you can't communicate with your hair cutting lady. I asked for an "American style" haircut with it short on the sides and long on top...





No comments:

Post a Comment