Thursday, September 24, 2015

September 24, 2015--Week 7

And another week flew by here at the MTC. This is my second to last P-Day here at the MTC. I have 11 days until I leave and I should be getting my flight plans tomorrow along with my all Korean name tag. It will say 닉컬  장로. Well that's at least my name. It takes me forever to type still so I won't type out the rest. That romanized would sound like nee-kuhl chong-no. They don't have an l or an r sound exactly, it's kind of a mix so the last sound of Nickerl is just one sound that mixes the two letters. And that means Nickerl Elder. The grammar structure of Korean has become so much easier for me the last couple weeks since I started SYLing a ton. I try and say everything in Korean first and if they don't understand, then I say English. The language is hard, but it isn't nearly as overwhelming as it was at first. I have just accepted that it will come in the Lord's time. 

This has not been all that crazy of a week, just another one at the MTC. We met the district that came in last Wednesday. An Elder from Orange County going to my mission in New Jersey is in the group and so far we have gotten along really well. I think I am going to really enjoy working with him for the next two years. The rest of the new group is pretty cool too, but they are in a different building than us so we don't get to see them much. The native Korean missionaries arrived on Tuesday and after talking to them, I got a little bit of humbling because they don't speak the dumbed down Korean that our teachers do. They speak fast, use different conjugations, and slur it all together. So this will be super fun when I leave. I know the Lord will provide a way though because he always does. One of our investigators here moved to Australia, and so we can't teach her anymore and that's a bummer, but we gave her missionary phone numbers over there. Our other investigator is doing amazing. We have changed our teaching approach because he doesn't like long lessons, but now that we figured that out, he is moving so much faster. He is keeping all the commandments and is on track for his baptismal date in a week. We're excited. 

Other than all this, nothing has really happened this week outside the normal. I just love being here and working. It's hard work, but it is so worth it because every day when I go to bed, I have the peace of mind knowing that I have done my best. It is a comfort to know that after I have done what I can, the Lord makes up the difference. I love this gospel. I love you all and thank you for all your support!

-Elder Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment