Thursday, September 10, 2015

September 10, 2015--Week 5

This has been a week of miracles.

   Thank you to everyone who fasted for me on Sunday. I am not lying or exaggerating when I say that I have truly felt the help. Monday afternoon, our lesson went amazing. Due to help from the Lord (I believe from all the fasting) Elder Vidal and I taught our best lesson yet and have taught pretty solid lessons all week. There has not been a question from either investigator that we couldn't answer on the spot. Which is a huge miracle in itself. Also, we committed one investigator to baptism with a date for 2 and a half weeks from now. So if all goes well, we will have the opportunity to have taught 4 different people in the MTC. Which is very rare. We are super excited. Outside of just speaking and understanding better this week, I have just been more at peace with the Lord and his timing. We don't always receive our answers in our time, but we do get them and they are what is best for us. 

   I really don't have a lot to say. It's been an awesome week, but the time is blurring together and I don't remember much except for the highlights and lows. Fortunately, there have been very few low points this week. I am learning to have a love for the Korean language. It is really an awesome language and has so many cool things about it. Also, even though I have only met about 20 or so, I truly feel a love for Korean people. They are so kind and although very blunt, they always say what they do with love. They are super nice and laugh at my language, but work to help me understand them and work to understand what I say. Next week, we will be the oldest of the districts in the MTC and I am really terrified. That means the time to leave this sheltered learning environment is coming to a close. It is amazing to think I have been here longer than 5 weeks already. All the days just blur together and I don't even know what happened when. 

   I wish I had more to say, but I don't remember much of what happened. All I can say, is that the Lord really does send his miracles our way. We just have to look for them. He loves us and will help us in any way in order for us to return to him. We just have to be humble enough to ask for his help. This church is true. This is God's work and nothing can or will stop it from moving forward. I love you all!

-Elder Jacob Nickerl

Elder Nickerl was able to "teach" Eli Hainsworth in the training resource center in the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment