Monday, October 24, 2016

October 17, 2016--Week 62

Hey Everyone,

Well this week was transfers and after a long time of being here in Toms River I'm off to a new area. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to a lot of people yesterday and it will be very hard to say goodbye to a few more tonight, but I am quite excited to go. I love the people here, but I do feel like I have done and learned what I came to Toms River for and so I am ready to go. 

My new area will be in Jersey City, which I know nothing about at all. But I think it is a walking area which is awesome. I don’t like being in a car and I am super excited to go there and walk. It's a super small area and my new companion is Elder Merritt. He came out about 3 months ago and just got done training. I have never met him and know nothing about him, but from talking to him on the phone last night he seems pretty chill so I am excited to go work with him. 

Other than the transfer news, we had a lot of really cool miracles this week happen so I will just share a few. We got a call on Thursday from a lady in a different ward and she told us that her friend and two kids would be coming to church this Sunday and wanted us to meet her outside beforehand. And she actually came with both of her kids! She loved it and is coming back and we are going to start teaching her. Or these elders here are... :) The other pretty cool thing was that we got a solid member referral last night. That is the first time I have ever gotten a referral when I asked for one during my mission and so that was pretty much another miracle. The sister in the ward is going to call them and we are following up on Tuesday (or these elders are)... :) 

I feel very good about my time here in Toms River and I feel like I gave it everything I had and I am very pleased with the progress that the Lord has allowed me to be a part of in this area. It is almost a totally different area than when I came here and I got to finish up my time here with another talk yesterday bringing my total number of talks given in my life to 17. I think when I gave four talks while I was a deacon it was an indicator of the number of talks I would give in my life. I love giving them though. Yesterday I spoke on Family History and I feel it went really well (half of the room was tearing up so I hope that meant it was good). I really do have a testimony of family history. I have learned how to do it here and as I was sharing the blessings that have come into my life as a result, they are almost innumerable.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to have learned to do it here so that I can go home and do it for the rest of my life. 

Anyways, I gotta run, but I love you all, thanks for your prayers and support!
-Elder Nickerl

P.S.  I finally found a railroad to take my missionary railroad photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment